When the weather outside is frightful, is there anything better than curling up with a hot toddy, sharing a ‘nog with your sweetie, or toasting the new year while virtually celebrating with loved ones?
In partnership with The Wine Shop and Zachary Kvas, Wayne Gretzky Estates’ resident mixologist at Niagara-on-the-Lake, we present 3 easy-to-make holiday cocktails (or mocktails) for a merry and bright holiday season.
1. Hot Chocolachaï
This sweet, comforting cocktail is as tasty as a holiday dessert but much easier to make! Mix Canadian whiskey with our organic chai and you’ve got a next-level hot chocolate to pair with your holiday meal.
- 8 oz. hot water
- 1 Chaï tea bag
- 1 oz. Wayne Gretzky Maple Cask Whisky
- Pinch of cinnamon (¼ tsp)
- 1 Dark Chocolate Stir Spoon
- Add the tea bag, whisky, and chocolate stick to a large mug.
- Bring your kettle to a boil and add 8 oz. of hot water to the mug.
- Stir with the dark chocolate stir spoon until chocolate is melted.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon to the top, sip, and enjoy!
Meet the official holiday cocktail for those who love to kick back and relax with a glass of wine or sangria. Mix bittersweet grapefruit kombucha with muscat spirited wine, a pinch of turmeric for a flavourful kick and pop of colour, and a splash of maple syrup for sweetness. This one goes great with dinner or dessert!
- ½ can Bittersweet Grapefruit Kombucha
- ¼ cup Fresh Cut Grapefruit Supremes
- 2 pinches of turmeric (¼ tsp per pinch)
- ¾ oz. 100% Pure Maple Syrup
- 1.5 oz. Wayne Gretzky Muscat Spirited Wine
- Add grapefruit supremes, a pinch of turmeric, maple syrup, and muscat spirited wine to a shaker or mason jar.
- Add ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain out the cocktail into a tall glass (double strain with a mesh strainer, if you have).
- Add a scoop of ice and top with ½ can of grapefruit kombucha.
- Garnish with a pinch of turmeric on top, sip, and enjoy!
3. Snow Nog
A nice glass of creamy, lightly spiced eggnog would make just about anyone — including Ol’ Saint Nick himself — jolly! We reinvented this seasonal classic to make it a festive, refreshing and creamy cocktail. The crème de la crème of holiday drinks!
- 4 oz. Eggnog
- 2 oz. Wayne Gretzky Estates Canadian Cream Whisky
- Marbled Chocolate Peppermint Bark
- 2 pinches of Everything Nice Pumpkin Spice Blend (¼ tsp per pinch)
- Add eggnog, cream liqueur, and a pinch of the spice blend to a shaker or mason jar filled with ice.
- Shake until chilled, then strain into a rocks or punch glass.
- Top with a pinch of the spice blend, garnish with a chunk of marbled chocolate peppermint bark, sip, and enjoy!
Cheers to Great Holiday Cocktails
Whether cozied up on the couch or cheersing with loved ones, keep the good times rolling this holiday season with delicious food and festive drinks! Check out The Wine Shop and head to your selection page to find everything you need to treat yourself this holiday season. PS. These cocktails make a great gift too!
From our table to yours, Happy Holidays!
Feature Image, image 1-3: via Wayne Gretzky Estates