Creepy, crawly & tasty! Using fresh Goodfood ingredients, prepare a spook-tacular Halloween Treat guests of all ages are guaranteed to enjoy. Follow the recipe below to create your own spider treat.
- 2 balls of Goodfood’s prepared pizza dough
- 1 container of Goodfood’s tomato and onion dip
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cups fresh grated Parmesan cheese (2 oz)
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan (1 oz)
- 2 large pitted black or Kalamata olives quartered lengthwise
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- To make the spider: Cut 1 ball of dough in half. Shape one half into a 5-in. ball to make the spider body. Cut a 1 1/2-in. strip from the remaining half and shape into a ball to make the head. Cut the remaining dough into 8 strips and roll each strip into a 6-in. rope to make the legs.
- Arrange the body, legs, and head on one of the prepared baking sheets to resemble a spider, gently pressing all of the pieces of dough together. Beat the egg with a bit of water to create the egg wash. Brush the entire spider with half of the egg wash. Sprinkle the legs with half of the Parmesan cheese. Place the olive slices on the top of the head for eyes and a mouth. Bake until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes (TIP: cover the legs with foil if they are browning too quickly).
- While those are cooking, make the spider leg sticks by cutting the remaining ball of dough into 8 pieces. Roll each piece into a 3/4-in.-thick rope and cut each rope into various lengths for individual portions. Place the legs on the second baking sheet. Brush with the remaining egg wash and sprinkle with the remaining cheeses. Bake until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Using a knife, hollow out the body of the spider and fill with Goodfood’s Tomato and Onion Dip. Serve with the leg sticks. Enjoy!